Is your Apple Passcode not working? Don’t you know how to fix it? Then you are at the right place to get the quick solution. It is not only you who face this specific snag, in fact, there are many Apple device users who often complain about their passcode suddenly not working. Passcode on any Apple device be it an iPhone or iPad is a very common way to ensure the safety of your confidential and crucial information. There are many factors which lead to Apple passcode not working issue, but the problem can be resolved by troubleshooting.
Fix Passcode not working with iTunes restoring
If you have synced your Apple device with iTunes then this will surely work for you to erase the old passcode. Just follow the given steps –
- Connect your iPhone to the computer you have earlier synced with
- Open iTunes, wait for it to sync your device and make a backup
- Click Restore iPhone
- When at the setup screen while restoring the device, tap restore from iTunes backup
- Select your device in iTunes, look at the data and size of each backup and choose the relevant one.
- You can make your new passcode in settings after the device is setup
Fix passcode not working with iCloud restoring
Just like you restored the passcode with iTunes you can do it with iCloud too. The procedure is simple and can be performed easily.
- Go to iCloud with another device or computer
- Sign in with your Apple ID
- Select all devices
- Then choose the device you want to erase
- Then tap on your Apple device on which the passcode is not working, the whole device will be erased
- Either restore from a backup or set it up a new passcode
Also Read: How to fix if Mac computer running slow
These two methods will surely prove useful if performed in the correct manner. It is however advised strongly that you must avail Apple support from the technical executives who will let you know the best way to fix the passcode problem you are facing. They can be reached at any time of the day.